Sunday, June 10, 2007

Father's Day Pre-Post Celebration

Well, yesterday night we all had a little Father's Day party at our house. The guests were mostly my mum's friends (line dancing group). We had a few performances, including a dance, a sketch, and a piano solo. This were all performed by us, the children. I was in the dance (hey, couldn't think of anything else to do! :P). Naturally, I don't dance, but circumstances were desperate.

Plus, there was also one unexpected performance. My sister volunteered to sing after seeing everyone else performing. Her songs? "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and "Little Teapot". What else can you expect from a 5-year old? ("Here is my teapot, here is my,.... erm, mummy what ah?" Lol.)

After the performances, we headed for the kitchen to eat (and eat, and eat, and eat). Erm. I found out in this day how much wine the parents could drink. Haha. We were supposed to have some games, but due to the weather (it rained), it was cancelled. More eating, I suppose.

At about 11 p.m. , we had the cake cutting. The cake was a Philadelphia cheesecake, topped with fruits. I have yet to try it out. Heh.

12 a.m. was the cue for everyone, in their *drunken* state, to go back home and rest. We also cleaned the house. Well, that's that then.

PS: Trying to upload videos; they take too long. So all there is are pictures. That's also why I cannot upload the mum's dance and The Trio's sketch. Anyone know a good video re-sizer software?

Dance

Pictures of my friends and me dancing to the music 'Scandalous'

More Dancing

I'm at the back, to the extreme left. Our group name? 'First Street'. Don't ask me, my mum came up with it. XD

The Trio

Two members of the Trio, to the left and right. In the middle is their mum, Aunty Tracy.

Piano Solo

Yvonne performing for the fathers. She's currently playing "Canon in D".

1st Street

Guys of the First Street after the performance. A bit disappointing, really. We all danced too fast. =(

Little Alyssa

Here's my sister singing her songs. =p

Cake

My brother, on the right, with Ken Jin, on the left. They're tryi.. er, wait. I'm not sure what they ARE doing to the cake. Note that they are wearing the same shirts. XD

No comments: