Saturday, June 23, 2007

Olympiad Maths Quiz

The sun was shining bright, the birds were chirping, what else could we do but go for a quiz? Ha. That WAS the only thing some of us could do as we had already registered for it. I'm not complaining, it was an experience! :)
Our team compromised of Khai Shien, Chin Wei, Carmen and me.

About 8.40 in the morning, we set off for Malaya Universiti. Let me tell you this: BIG. Get it? Yes, the campus was superbly huge! Even so, we only visited the examination hall. That itself was interesting. The floor plan was arranged in a sort of + sign. In the center of it all was a clock dangling from the ceiling and the announcement podium, where the invigilators see all.

When the paper started, I was in a mess. One glance through the paper and I knew that I have never learnt this before. A few minutes later, i had completed one of the nine questions we were supposed to answer. All in all, I managed to answer 6 of questions, 3 being 100% correct. That was how hard the paper was.

12.30 marked the time for us to leave the place. We left in Khai Shien's mom's car, and I went back to school for a meeting. Phew, tiring work, tis quiz!

No comments: